- High degree of light inhibition compared to translucent amber glass, blue glass, green glass and clear glass
- Protection of light-sensitive substances
- Slows down degradation processes, thus helping to maintain quality of ingredients
- Permeability for energy-rich ultraviolet and violet light
- Environmental protection: 100 % recyclable (green glass container)
- Quality guarantee: The glass is colored throughout and not merely covered with a superficial violet coating on the surface.
The Swiss biologist, Dr. Hugo Niggli, stated that materials stored in violet glass containers retained significantly better storage quality, exhibited notably more muted oscillation and showed the lowest energy loss as well compared to those stored in other containers.